How do my fiance and I get married? : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

My fiance and I have been dating for a year now and want to get married. I recently found out that he did not have a visa, but he crossed the Mexican border illegally. However, I still love him and want to marry him. I tried just the other day to obtain a marriage license but the clerk informed me that we both needed an id, passport or ss#. Of course he does not have these items. How can we get married???

-- Heather (, March 02, 2005


Have him get a passport or matricula card from the Mexican Consulate. That should satisfy the ID requirement.

-- Law Offices of Michael Boyle (, March 05, 2005.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ