SARN refusal : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

I recently sent a SARN request to the Bristol and West enclosing a 10 pound Postal Order for the fee. They replied saying they cannot accept Postal Orders, only a cheque is acceptable.

your thoughts greatly appreciated


-- bruce (, February 20, 2005


Get someone else to write a cheque for you....least they know about you the better.


-- Moira (, February 20, 2005.

This is nonsense.

Call the IC on 01625-545700 and ask to talk to the consumer help line.

Don't make an assessment, get the IC to call B&W and correct them.


-- Michael (, February 21, 2005.

I agree with Michael.

I have sent many SARNs in the past and frequently used postal orders - a form of money, in effect - and they were always accepted by banks including, for example, Abbey National.

Please would you be kind enough to send me a copy of the letter you received from B&W? I can be contacted at Members', Portsmouth City Council, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth PO1 2AL.

If B&W are denying the legal and financial status of postal orders, them I think that we, the Post Office and the Treasury need to know about it.

-- Eleanor Scott (, February 28, 2005.

While I agree with what Michael and Eleanor are saying...contacting the IC at this stage will only delay matters. It takes the IC about 2/3 months to investigate complaints. You need to prioritise and the SARN info is more important than complaining to the IC. I would suggest you get someone else to write a cheque for you and once you have the SARN info, then pursue the matter with the IC or whoever else you want. At this stage you do not want to get side tracked. You need to be focused !!!

-- Moira (, February 28, 2005.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ