denied and would like to get married : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

My friend had over stayed in the US for about 18 years. His parents had applied asylum for him and was denied. They then filed an appeal, that was also denied. Due to the incompetence of their lawyer, he now has passed the "leave at free will" date. But he and his 5 year girlfriend have decided to get married. What options do they have, so that he can stay in the US and she sponsor him for his greencard? A lawyer also told them that if he leaves the country, all his files will be dismissed and gone(like destroyed). So does that mean that she can sponsor him as usual?

-- ariani (, February 17, 2005

Moderation questions? read the FAQ