Re-marry after filing INS papers with ex-spouse : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

My boyfriend was married for 5 years - his wife and him lived together for 3 years - he filed all his INS papers with her - He has been out of contact with her for 2 years - she has not filed for divorce - he assummed she stop all the INS papers so he did not research it. He only has a work visa - now expired and he has missed Perm Res appointment. We are planning on getting married in the future. What do you suggest? Should he try to fix his immigration status with current wife or will it be easier for us to re-file when we are married. I use to be married and helped my previous husband adjust his immigration status as well. Please help - How long do we have to wait before we try to fix them together?

-- Ericka Dale (, February 06, 2005

Moderation questions? read the FAQ