US citizen married an illegal : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

I married an illegal immigrant in california, she came to the us with her family at the age of 8, and now has a us high school diploma and attends college. I'm also a member of the us military, although i don't believe that has any effect on her case. What's the best plan of action to get her a change of status/family visa etc.? Will her illegal stay here be pardoned? I've heard that certain states just passed bills that would allow her to apply for a green card under this marriage provision without needing to leave the country, is this true, and is it possible for us to go there and take advantage of this if it is? Otherwise if we apply i would imagine she would have to go back to mexico for who knows how long while her application is processed, if it is ever approved. I'm trying to find out if there's anything out there providing that she doesn't need to leave the country to apply for change of status/green card/visa etc, since she is married to a us citezen now. thank you.

-- Phil Davis (, January 20, 2005

Moderation questions? read the FAQ