Wrong date of birth on marriage license

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

Hi, I recently got married and the date on my marriage license is wrong due to the fact that I have a wrong date of birth on my license, It was unintentional on the part of DMV but I couldn't correct it due to my expired papers, I came to US 12 years ago legally and I never been in a problem with the law. I have known my wife for 3 years before we got married so it was not about getting a quick GC, my question is what steps we should take to get the problem of wrong DOB solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- bilal S (bilals25@hotmail.com), December 11, 2004


You'll need to find out your state's procedure for correcting a marriage certificate. In Conencticut, if it has been less than a year since your marriage, the Town Clerk can make the correction. After a year, the Vital Statistics section of the state Department of Public Health has to do it.

-- Michael Boyle (info@immigrantcenter.com), December 14, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ