Planning to marry someone who overstayed a visa more than a year : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread


Im in a bind here. I fell in love with someone who has overstayed an au pair visa about a year and a few months. We have been together for over a year and have been living together for over 8 months. I will be marrying her very soon and am worried about the whole "green card" process. What do I do or what do I have to worry about?

-- Brian (, December 10, 2004


As you are a U.S. citizen, you should be able to sponsor your spouse's application. As the questions on this board indicate, the process can be complicated and you should hire an experienced immigration attorney. If you are in Connecticut, feel free to call our office. 203-239-2299.

A page on our web site lists some of the basic things you would want to be ready to review with your attorney.

-- Michael Boyle (, December 14, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ