greenspun.com : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

i have come to US as a tourist in 2000, but i overstayed and now i am an illegal who overstayed from feb of 2002. i don't know what could be the possible way to get the legal status in the US.

any procedure other than getting marriage. please help me out! thanks a lot

-- Karma Tobgay (ktoby143@hotmail.com), November 23, 2004


Dear karma, You have overstayed over a certain amount of time which makes you inadmissable to the US for 10 years. You have no chance of changing to legal status even if you got married you could be deported when you file for the immigration benefit.

-- AB (pugwilly@aol.com), January 06, 2005.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ