Marriage to illegal and permanent residency? : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

My fiance is from Guatemala and entered the US on a work visa five years ago. Her visa has since expired (early 2003) and I'm wondering what our next step should be, with the goal of her gaining legal status. We're planning on getting married shortly, but after that, I'm confused as to what our options are. Will she be able to apply for permanent residency right away, or does her illegal status complicate that?


-- Robert (, November 23, 2004


With your girlfriend being here illegally for so long you will have a tough time getting here ermanent residence she actually faces deportation regardless of marriage.

-- AB (, January 06, 2005.

Are you an attorney?

-- Auggy (, February 01, 2005.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ