How to apply for voluntary departure : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

My husband entered the U.S. legally but is in custody for a criminal charge. He is deportable but he doesn't want to spend more time in immigration jail, thus wants to apply for voluntary departure so that he can be released right after he finishes his term, but he doesn't know how to start. He will be released in less than six months but no immigration officer has ever contacted him yet. Would you please let me know how can he request for voluntary departure at this stage? Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

-- Jennifer Liang (, November 06, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ