Obtaining a marriage license

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

I just became a US Citizen through naturalization yesterday. I am engaged to a wonderful man who is not from here. He came here legally about 5 1/2 years ago but has overstayed his visa. We've been together for almost 2 years and have been living together for almost 1 of those 2 years. We want to get married but when I looked online to get information on obtaining a marriage license, it read that both parties need their driver's license (which we do) and social security numbers! I have one but he doesn't. By the way, I reside in Florida. I'm feeling really sad right now because I thought once I became a citizen, I'd be able to marry him and finally get the worry and stress I feel everyday of losing him because of his status. Please guide me in what steps I need to take in order to marry this man, whom I love with all of my heart & soul. The thought of losing him literally terrifies me and I just want to start the process of legalizing him so we can finally move on with our future. Thank you

-- Francesca Meta (MoonLite74@yahoo.com), October 23, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ