matrimonial home rights : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Separated from husband. Three kids living with me in marital home. Mortgage only in husbands name. He has not paid mortage for three months. Abbey will not give me any info at all and will start repossession proceedings. Can only afford to pay part of mortgage. Can abbey repossess home and make us homeless? Any adice/info greatly appreciated.

-- elizabeth (, October 10, 2004


get to your solicitor today and get an F1 marital charge registered. That will make them talk to you as the property could not be sold until it was lifted. You then need to sort out a transfer of equity with you husband. there are lots of option available dependant on the money levels involved.

-- roger watts (, October 12, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ