find date of leaving property : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

hi we are being pursued, for 20,000 from drydens, we had a mortgage with kensington a firm in london, we handed the keys back, in 1990 or 1991,how can we find out the exact date, as it is so crucial. we are being bombarded with letters, i and e, and threatening court action, we have never acknowledged the debt, hope that someone can help us please

-- alan purton (, September 30, 2004


Hi Alan,

If you send a SARN to the company you had mortgage with you will receive a breakdown and all info to do with property. You should then find out the date the property was repossessed.

-- Chris (, October 01, 2004.

hi, im alan, i have been told to sarn my mortgage company, what exactly is this, and how do i go about it please

-- alan purton (, October 01, 2004.


A SARN is a Subject Access Rights Notification, you write to the company you had your mortgage with you and they will send you all information connected under this. More details can be found on this site, including a sample letter. You are entitled to all information companies hold on you under the Data Protection Act, unless this is subject to legal privilege (i.e. a solicitors).

-- Chris (, October 04, 2004.

I think the correct term for a SARN is 'Subject Access Request'. Full details of how to do this can be found both on this site and on the Office of the Information Commissioner's site. Good luck.

-- Melody (, November 15, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ