What's the inside of a piano called?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Everything About Teaching and Learning the Piano : One Thread

I've never played piano, but I am attempting to write a screen play about a piano teacher. I've had the fortune to see what a beautiful thing the inside of a piano is -I've seen them in people's homes, leaning against the wall, and I want to include one in the script. It is almost harp-shaped, with a criss-cross of strings (which makes my guitar seem simple), but I don't know the exact word for it- if one exists. Is it called the roller action? Thanks for any information. Pir Rothenberg

-- Pir Rothenberg (etre24@hotmail.com), September 19, 2004


I always call it the "piano guts" with my students, but I believe it is actually called the harp. Good luck with your screen play!

Alice Dearden

-- Alice Dearden (alicedearden@look.ca), September 20, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ