husband overstayed and left the country : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

my husband came to america in 1999 on a british visa waiver, extended his stay, and went out of status in 2000. me met in 2001 and married in 2003. we are very much in love.

my husband's son, who is now 8, was living in england with grandparents. when they grandparents got old and too sick to travel, my husband had to go to london to take care of his son. there was no choice.

what do we do to get my husband and his son to america? do i file a i-130 for them? should i apply for a k-3 visa? do i have to do a i-601 waiver, and, if so, how long wil lit take to process this situation?

-- jo (, August 08, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ