Unilateral Notice

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Due to unemployment I was forced to sell my property and was in the final stages, when I was hit with an application for a Unilateral notice lodged by Savage Crangle on behalf of Skipton Building Society. They are looking for a shortfall of 77,799.18 from 5th June 1995. I was told if I wanted to make an offer of payment I would have to pay between 50 to 60.000 before the sale of the house, this I do not have. If I sell the house they would take the full amount. I need this money to buy a smaller property,can you help.

My current mortgage is with Northern Rock

-- Vaughan Joseph Forbes (Forbes4@hotmail.com), July 23, 2004


Only way forward it seems from a bit of quick research is to apply to have the unilateral notice removed on the grounds that you contest the liability or that it is out of time (i.e. statute barred under the mortgage voluntary code) if that is the case.

You could then sell the property without Northern Rock taking the remaining equity in payment of their alleged dues without going through a court order.

I assume that there is not already a court order for this debt - if there is, then it changes my answer in that the statute barred bit does not apply.

-- David J Button (davidjohnbutton@supanet.com), July 24, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ