Deportation : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

My husband is an illegal immigrant and currently serving time in jail for an aggravated felony charge and it's his first offense. We have been married for almost 3 years now. I filed a petition for my husband in Mar 2002 and I was told it takes about 3 years to get a response. I am currently in the process of getting my citizenship, I'm just waiting to get sworn in. I think my husband was charged with robbery and assault and serving a term of 36 months. He currently has a detainee on him and is going to get removed after his time is served. He has been in the States since he was 12 years old and is currently 21 now. Is there anyway I could fight the removal/deportation back to Ecuador? Do we have a chance in winning the case if we could get it opened back up? What do you suggest and what advice could you offer in this situation? How much do your law offices charge for a consultation? If he did get deported, how hard would it be to get him back to the States and what would be the time wait. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Loan Tran

-- Loan K. Tran (, May 21, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ