Looking for a tube like wall mount coffee grinder

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Coffee Related Buy/Sell/Trade : One Thread

I am searching for a coffee grinder , long tube like , made of glass and metal which can de hung on the wall. Something very peculiar and modern. It does exist but cannot seem to find a place to purchase it. Saw a few in a coffee shop on one of my trips . Thanks for any information.

-- Kishore Vaswani (aromascoffee@wanadoo.es), April 07, 2004


In days (years) past - there was a Danish company that made such items - there are a few sitting around in Germany or Denmark - but mostly they were on a stand and were banked or combined 3 or 4 units in a row. They ground very slow and all day long - creating movement to draw attention. The sales clerk would then go to the drawer under the grinder and scoop out the amount of cround coffee desired. POlaced up against a wall they would stick out about 20 inches and stand about 5 feet off the floor.

Lets try and call the place where you saw the units and ask for a name on the grinder - then I can help locate them as I know most every grinder in the world. Been at this a long time - like 33 years.

-- Jay Endres (jay@coffeetec.com), April 14, 2004.


-- Jake Delhomme (scalpel4@hotmail.com), March 06, 2005.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ