What happens if I-751 form not filed?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

I would like to know what would happen to my spouse if I decide not to file form I-751 to remove conditional status for my spouse? What happens if my spouse move out of the house? Do I need to initiate divorce proceedings?

any advice would be appreciated.

-- Jen Duong (shortdba@yahoo.com), February 23, 2004


Your spouse has the option of filing on his or her own. the key question is whether the marraige was legitimate at the time of it's inception, not whether things are going well at the time that the I-751 is decided. Whether you and your spouse divorce is a decison that you make independent of the immigration process.

-- Michael Boyle (info@immigrantcenter.com), February 29, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ