Can I get my deported spouse a re-entry? : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread


My spouse was a permanent resident for over 10 years he was deported in 1998 for two crimes of moral turpitude. I tried everything to get him a stay with the courts and it was denied. It has now been 5.5 years is there any way that i can bring him back?

Thank you, Kathy

-- Kathy M. (, February 19, 2004


Very tough. Possibly getting a gubernatorial pardon (if they were state crimes and not drug offenses) might remove their negative effect for immigration purposes. If one offense had a maximum sentence of a year or less and you husband's sentence was under six months, it may be possible to make your husband eligible to return by getting pardon for the other offense. You would need to have this researched carefully before going forward.

-- Michael Boyle (, February 29, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ