What do I need for CA registration?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : MV Agusta F4 : One Thread

first off, sorry if this is a repeat. I'm buying my first bike on sunday,(whoo hooo!)- nothing fancy, an 81 honda cm400 in decent shape, but do motorcycles need to be smogged in CA? I've got mixed answers to this so far, like i said it's an 81 with about 20,000 miles. I know i need the title signed over in my name, bill of sale and i assume proof of insurance, is that all i need to get new tags? i don't want to stand in that beloved dmv line any more than i abosulutely have to. thanks john

-- John Johansen (Johansen57@hotmail.com), October 31, 2003


you don't need SMOG certs in california to register. Just make sure u havent delayed the transfer date more than 10 days since the purchase. Otherwise, DMV will charge u a late fee!

-- val (sennasixty8@yahoo.com), October 31, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ