Buon Caffe 320 -- extra piece in filter holder?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Coffee Related Buy/Sell/Trade : One Thread

We have a Buon Caffe 320 espresso maker we purchased from Starbucks a few years ago, and never used because we couldn't figure out what that extra removable part inside the filter holder was, or if it was necessary. It is not mentioned in the parts list in the booklet. We're assuming it just stays in there under the filter, as it has a tiny drip hole in it and some sort of rubber gasket on its top that the filter can sit on, but the filter fits inside the holder just as well without this piece. Does anybody know what it's for, and if it's necessary to the machine? This is our first experience with an espresso machine, clearly! Thanks for the help.

-- Vanessa Karam (papillonne@aol.com), September 29, 2003


It is an essential part for the expresso to be palatable. I lost it while cleaning the filter and holder. I am now looking to replace it...

Pat Vives

-- Pat Vives (vivespat@aol.com), January 04, 2004.

You can get a rubber gasket from your local hardware store, it does the job

-- John (JH@aol.com), November 24, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ