Legal Help : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

I have been chased for a shortfall demand of 90K by the C & G for the last 2yrs. All avenues have been explored including the advice of this board to no avail. I am expecting the Claim to arrive any day now, so i am going to get legal help. Does anyone know of or used a Solicitor that can be recommended in the London area. There was a posting on this board a while ago where someone mentioned a Firm in London (BIDMANNS or something like that) i cant find the original posting on this site, Directory Enquiries didnt turn up anything either.

Any help appreciated Angus

-- Angus Abbott (, March 24, 2003



I did post up a solicitor's name some time back it was:

Bindman and Partners LONDON (contact Mr Paul Ridge)

I was told by the Senior Clerk to Leolin Price CBE QC that he is a highly competent solicitor who has a working knowledge of acting for individuals in mortgage shortfall cases. If you do use him I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Best wishes and Good Luck.


-- M Amos (, March 24, 2003.

Angus, I would be very wary of using a Solicitor, his costs could quite easily outweigh the shortfall. Nines times out of ten you will be in a worst position than when you started.

blucky Pete

-- Pete (, March 24, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ