help needed : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Anyone know of a decent solicitor in the london area, I have gone as far as i can now on my own and i now need legal help on filing a defence on a shortfall claim. thanx in advance

-- keith (, February 21, 2003



I have the number of a couple of solicitors which I was given from a London Barrister's Chamber. They assured me they are impartial and don't carry out conveyancing work, they are also I am told experienced in mortgage shortfall cases. I know nothing else other than that. I'll dig the numbers out and email them to you tomorrow.


-- M Amos (, February 21, 2003.


The following two solicitors come recommended from the Senior Clerk of The Chambers of Leolin Price CBE QC. He, in fact didn't give me the tel numbers, but I'm sure you'll be able to find them in the directory. One of them is in Bristol, but I'll post it up anyway. He said that they are both very good and highly competent solicitors who have a working knowledge of acting for individuals in mortgage shortfall cases. As I said before, I know no more than this.

1. Bindman and Partners LONDON (contact: Mr Paul Ridge)

2. Bobbetts McCann BRISTOL (contact: Mr Derek McConnell)

Hope this proves useful. Good Luck.


-- M Amos (, February 22, 2003.

Contact Carol at the National Assoc of Mortgage Victims.She will help you wiyh which solicitor.It is vital you get the right one.


-- D.H (, March 01, 2003.

Contact selbourne Chambers in the city, they wrote most of the books on mortgage matters.

-- J devine (, March 12, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ