Halifax send claim form......options?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Further to my earlier posting regarding the court summons. It seems I have no choice other than to consult a solicitor for advice on a defense strategy. I would be interested to know this sites opinon on the most common/succesful route to take?

-- James (jsullivan@clara.co.uk), February 05, 2003


Read the DO'd & Don't section, especially the "after they contact you and demand cash section"


-- John (sharky_john@hotmail.com), February 06, 2003.


My case hasn't got as far as court yet, however have a look (as John says) at the Do's and Don'ts under 'after they contact you and demand cash section' particularly 13. What to do if you receive a "claim" (formerly known as a "summons"). Item vi. obviously does not now apply given the appeal court ruling in July. If your property was undersold you might like to consider filing a counterclaim. There is an article on this on the Macdonald Butterworths site. The only other suggestion (I'm no legal expert you understand) is that if you acknowledged the debt in any way you could try resiling, this may, depending on when you first defaulted, make their claim time barred. As I understand it, its never been tried in court. I can give you a little more info on this if required. Good Luck.


-- M Amos (idgroms@hotmail.com), February 06, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ