person receiving 'care in the community'but home still repossessed : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Last week the building society repossessed the home of my sister who is receiving 'care in the community' because of mental illness repossession was for mortage arrears. neither I nor the mental health team were aware that this was going to take place and I only found out when I visted her and saw the premises boarded up. Is there any way that we can reverse the possession order? My sister is sleeping rough and doesn't seem to understand her predicament It transpires that she hasn't been claiming any DSS benefits.

-- v.macneill (, December 07, 2002


I think you need to get some professional legal advice urgently, you could in the first instance contact your local CAB, which is free, I would also contact the court which issued the possession order and explain the situation to them. Contact the local council too and advise them, they are I believe obliged to re-house her, there is no way she should be sleeping rough. It might also be a good idea to contact her local MP. Good Luck.


-- M Amos (, December 11, 2002.

It is also important that you complain to the Financial ombudsman regarding this, if they neglected their duty in anyway by ignoring the issue of mental illness and were aware of it then the FSA wont be happy.

-- Lee Wisener (, December 19, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ