where can i buy a repossesed house?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Dear Sir / Madam, Could you please tell me where i can aquire a repossesed house list, with the cheapest houses available in the north west region. Much Obliged

Lee xx

-- lee (househunter@yahoo.co.uk), December 06, 2002


I don't think it is naive to help people sell their repossessed houses - as suggested elsewhere in this thread. A few years ago this site polled its readers about this and found overwhelming support for a system that would let people post details of their repossessed houses. The idea was to advertise those houses on-line via this site to try to drum up more interest in them.

The reason it didn't happen is because it is quite a time-consuming service to code up and test thoroughly. And probably to maintain too.


-- Lee (repossession@home-repo.org), January 26, 2003.

Dear Lee,

This is not a site that advertises repossed houses. If you look at previous postings you will no that you have entered the wrong website. If you like I can put a trace on your IP address and find the approximate details of your PC. I would seek the advice of a estate agent.

Good bye

Johnny Ball reveals all.

-- Johnny Ball (swaphead@yahoo.com), December 06, 2002.

Well done Mr Ball !!

-- John (sharky_john@hotmail.com), December 06, 2002.

When a lender acquires a house through possession they should not disclose this during the sale or at any time to a prospective purchaser and risk lower offers resulting in a shortfall. It is true though that some estate agents disclose this without permission from the lender.

-- Lee Wisener (Lee@wisener.net), December 19, 2002.

With the all due respect Lee, my property was advertised in the Estate Agents window as a repossession!!!Maybe it's different in Scotland. What Lender do you work for?

-- Too scared to say (iwasduped@yahoo.com), December 19, 2002.

It may be a good idea for this sites organisers or members to get together and work out a strategy regarding queries about repossesed properties.

I would be hard placed to live in any property where I was aware my fellow man had been done down - and pursued through his/her lifespan in being done down. But is it not possible to cut the lender and this type of scumbag off at the pass? Why not put the repossesed together with certain buyers, who are prepared to offer a fair price for the property that would cover the shortfall (or more)?

Perhaps this is a naive suggestion. But clearly it would keep some of the unsympathetic morons that visit this site from making rather tedious and seemingly hurtful enquiries.


-- (jpmorgan@onetel.net.uk), January 25, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ