money jugement order : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

could you please tell me how to find out if there is a money jugement order out on my self with out going to a solicitor as i do not have that kind of money . s ware

-- susan ware (, November 06, 2002


I've been trying to find out the same thing and wrote to the Abbey. They said they would get a copy from the Courts (Scotland) and that was about 2 months ago. I still don't have it but I wrote to Equifax for a copy of my credit file as I thought it would show up there. But there was nothing on it when I got a copy.

I intend to contact the courts myself (in Scotland I think it's the Sheriff Court) as I'm hoping there isn't one.

I'm not sure the importance of there being an MJO or not but my understanding is that it is beneficial for us if there isn't one.

Hope my reply isn't too garbled.

All the best.


-- hanging in there! (, November 08, 2002.

I believe the best way to find out if an MJO has been issued is by SARNING the lender/debt collectors. You could also try contacting the court where repossession proceedings took place, although it's possible they only keep records for 6 years. I have also heard (but I don't know for sure) that you can go to the Law Society near Fleet Street in London and check on their computer. As I understand it the lender can chase you indefinitely if an MJO has been issued, and that an MJO won't have been issued in cases where the property has been voluntarily handed back.

-- M Amos (, November 08, 2002.

The best way is to write and ask them for a copy. I did, repeatedly, and they eventually admitted they did not have one. If they have one it is in their best interest to give you a copy.

-- matt (, November 08, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ