Hats or Caps

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Southern Railway : One Thread

I would like to know where I can buy a real railroad cap or hat, not the adjustable kind. I like to wear them and my "Southern" is about wore out.

Thanks Thurston Butler

-- Thurston Butler (tbutler@ebicom.net), October 11, 2002


There are sized striped engineer caps available in the Schrader's railroad catalog. Their address is www.railroad catalog.com. Miller has been making sized striped engineer caps for many years. Their address is www.millerhats.com. My favorite is the Key Industries cap. They have a higher crown, but they can be hard to find. SR cloth emblems can be found at many sources, such as Walthers.

Ben Lee

-- Ben Lee (Bengineer7@aol.com), October 13, 2002.

Sized "real" railroad caps have been made by the Kromer Cap Company in Milwaukee since 1903. http://www.kromercap.com

The Stormy Kromer Mercantile Co., Ironwood, Mich has recently taken over the production of the Kromer Wool Blizzard Winter caps from the Milwaukee Kromer Cap Co. http://www.stormykromer.com

-- John A. Thraen (choo737choo@yahoo.com), December 12, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ