Halifax sarn

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

I'm currently fighting a shortfall claim from the Halifax. They are using Direct Legal & Collections to chase the debt. I'm going to Sarn them both. If I'm going to SARN the Halifax, where do you address it?? Head Office?? Or is there a special dept, bearing in mind they don't seem to want to talk to me being as they are using Direct Legal & Collections. Any help would be appreciated.

-- Drew (murmur280466@aol.com), May 27, 2002


Yes send it to data admin ay head office

-- ss (s@s.com), May 27, 2002.

we are in a similar situation. We sarn'd the Halifax and the solicitors they are using. The solicitors sent our cheque back as they had been requested from the halifax to send all information to them so the Halifax supplied us with everything. I think we sent it to the data administrator at head office.


-- lisa (lisajh29@hotmail.com), May 28, 2002.

My advice to you Drew is to deal directly with the Halifax. DLC are just the organ grinder's monkey and they can't move without authority from the Halifax, so save yourself a lot of un-necessary wasted time and angst by telling DLC where you stand.

-- Gordon Bennet (arsenewhinger@hotmail.com), May 28, 2002.

You must send a SARN to the address stated on the IC website. The IC website provides a search facility for all companies that are registered under the Data Protection Act.

It is also best to address your recorded letter to "The Data Controller, Data Protection". But even then you will get your letter and check returned after it has been passed around the company twice. Then you complain to the IC, and they will sort them out for you.

Good Luck.

-- Harry (pearson_harry@hotmail.com), May 28, 2002.

I think the Halifax are probably better than most in treating SARN requests seriously.

-- Gordon Bennet (arsenewhinger@hotmail.com), May 30, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ