developing Delta 100greenspun.com : LUSENET : B&W Photo - Film & Processing : One Thread
I was trying to develope some Delta 100 using T-Max, well when I finished the cycle of 7 min dev, 1.5 min stop, 2.5 fix, about half of both rolls was undeveloped and what was developed was too dark to print. OK here's the deal, I wanted to use the T-Max at 1:4, but somehow it turned out to be more like a 1:2, also I remembered that this bottle of T-Max was opened about this time last May!! I've moved and am just now getting things set back up, anyway what is my problem? Is it the T-Max,I've never had no developing on part of a roll. Thanks
-- Dan Bruner (email@example.com), May 25, 2002
I don't know how well T-Max developer keeps, but opened for a year is rather long.
That said, I don't think you have a developer problem. You should get similar densities throughout the roll. If not, you have either an exposure problem, or something that is preventing the chemistry from getting to some of the film (perhaps poor agitation). Without seeing the film, it is rather hard to tell. If you would like for me to look at the film to try to determine the problem, send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you instructions on sending it to me.
David Carper ILFORD Technical Service
-- David Carper (email@example.com), May 28, 2002.