How do I serve a Date protection Notice on the Abbey National? (Scots Law) and how much will it cost me? : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

How do I serve a Data Protection Act notice on the lender (Abbey) in Scotland? Is it expensive - do I need a lawyer for this?

-- Owen Walker (, May 15, 2002



I don't know the answer to your question. I know Scottish Law is different. You could try posting a message on the Scottish Law Online Q&A board on:

Alternatively, have a look at some of the other Scottish online legal advice sites,unless someone else can help you here of course.


-- M Amos (, May 15, 2002.

Call the IC on 01625-545700 and ask for advice on this. Tell them you want to serve a Subject Rights Access Notice and explain the Scottish concern.

I personally don't think there is any difference between England and Scotland regarding the DPA. It applies to the UK.

Good Luck.

-- Harry (, May 16, 2002.

Who are the IC? forgive me for my ignorance ;)

-- Gav (, May 22, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ