What should i do?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

I have been living in Usa for two years and i 'm almos t graduating from High school, but my visa expired and i really, i didnot know anyhting about the law, therefore i would like to know if i can do do anything about it,because seems that once i go back to my country i'm not going to be able to come here again...

-- Katia dutra (kkathyca@aol.com), May 13, 2002


You are probably correct about not coming back once you leave. By overstaying your visa has been invalidated and you will need a new one.

If you are over 18, you also have unlawful presence to worry about. If you were 18 or over and stayed beyond the time that the INS gave you when you arrived, you accumulated unlawful presence. If you accumulated 180 days of unlawful presence you are barred from returning for at least three years. If you accumulated a year or more of unlawful presence, you are barred from returning for at least ten years. There are a few exceptions -- students on F or J visas and Canadians are the biggest ones.

-- Michael Boyle (boylelaw@aol.com), May 15, 2002.


-- test (test@ss.cc), January 24, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ