Where can I find a moveable hen house?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Countryside : One Thread

I am looking for a nice-looking moveable hen house, like the lovely ones they make in England. Does anyone know where I could find one? I live in Virginia. Alternatively, if you know of some good plans available, I would also be interested.

-- Linda Patorni (Beauxanes@aol.com), April 15, 2002



My wonderful husband used the mesurements he saw on a website for some lovely English arks and made me two different ones. Also, I found a book at the library that has some portable coop plans in it. The book is a reprint of a book put out in 1903 and contains many plans and instruction for common items of the period. The book is "The Handyman's Book" by Paul N. Hasluck. It is a VERY thick paperback. We took it out of the library so much that we finally decided to buy a copy. Talk about sticker shock!!! But for us it has been worth the price. It's been VERY handy.


-- IndyAlly (larrison@localnet.com), April 15, 2002.

Are you talking about chicken tractors? These are moveable coops, having no floor, which people are able to move so that the enclosed chicens have no ground to scratch up, fertilize and foreage for bugs. If that is what you have in mind, check out the older answers below. Or do a search, by typing "ctrl - f" and typing "chicken tractor" in the search box. At least I think that is how you do a search on these sites.

I hope this helps.

-- j.r. guerra in s. tx. (jrguerra@boultinghousesimpson.com), April 15, 2002.

Well shoot, I got a little ahead of myself, regarding doing a search for a term . . .

You have to be in the category before doing a search. For example, scroll down the archives below to Poultry (General), click to enter it, then type "Ctrl -F" and so on.

Sorry for confusion; also need a spell checker, accoriding to first post above :^)

-- j.r. guerra in s. tx. (jrguerra@boultinghousesimpson.com), April 15, 2002.

Those English made Forsham cottage arks are just beautiful. I like the Lensham. There is something similar in States called Henspa. There is henspa, henhotel and henhaven all made by same company. Didn't like those as well though. They are at henspa.com

-- R. (thor610@yahoo.com), April 16, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ