Crafting Hint of the Day - Scrapbooking 101 - Part 1greenspun.com : LUSENET : Cooking & Crafts : One Thread
The hottest craft today is Scrapbooking. It is nothing like you think about when you think "scrapbook" when you were a kid! Today's scrapbooking is very differant and very exciting! If you are aren't very familar with it, here is a Scrapbooking 101. It is a craft that anyone can do. It is a great craft to work on if you have children because they can help, makes wonderful gifts, is quick and easy. It also brings out more creativness in you than you ever knew you had. It is a project that you can work on if you only have a few minutes. Best of all, it motivates you to do something with all those photos you have just stuffed away in boxes.
SCRAPBOOKING 101 - Part 1
What is Scrapbooking?
- It is the newest and safest way to organize and personalize your collection of photographs, the ones that are presently stashed away in envelopes and boxes.
Why make a Scrapbook?
- It's a fun and accurate record of your family history, an heirloom that connects the past with the future, and a way to preserve your heritage. Often, like an heirloom quilt passed down through generations, a scrapbook (memory book) connects the patchwork places of heart and family. Plus it may be time to refresh your albums. Magnetic pages can cause premature fading and discoloration of your photos.
Could I make a Memory Book?
- If you can take photographs, cut and glue, you can make a memory book. Family members of all ages can enjoy making a memory book together!
What do I need to get started?
You can easily make a memory book with these simple tools and supplies:
- Glue Stick
- Decorative Stencils
- Album Page Protectors (optional)
- Permanent Ink Writing Pens
- Gel Pens
- Photo Album
- Decorative Stickers
- Razor Knife
- Photo Stickers
- Glue Pen
- Swivel Knife
Stay tuned for Scrapbooking 101 - Part 2 Here are some examples from an online scrapbooking site:
-- Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 23, 2002