Should I contact the Financial Ombudsman ? : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

After serving a SARN on lender they finally provided all documents, I have studied these and everything seems to be in order. I have requested 4 times for them to provide me with MIG terms and conditions as I believe I was missold this in 92, I know how much they have claimed but without the terms and conditions I cannot prove I was missold. They keep requesting I fill out I&E form, I have stated not prepared to do so, I have offered full and final but they have refused, they say without details of income they will not accept. What is my next step ? Should I contact the Financial ombusdman with reference to my belief of being missold MIG ? The IC has stated that they cannot comment on individual documents. I am worried about contacting the FO incase it was just a verbal agreement and nothing on paper.

Any answers gratefully received

Many, many thanks Jessie

-- Jessie (, March 21, 2002


You must ask your lender for a deadlock letter before you can complain to the FO. Ask for the deadlock letter in writing, if they refuse to supply the deadlock letter for eight weeks then you are entitled to make your complaint to the FO regardless.

I think you should complain to the FO about being mis-sold the MIG policy, it costs you nothing, and you should be able to ask your lender to put everything on hold until the FO have made a decision.

Give it a go.

Good Luck.

-- Harry (, March 21, 2002.

I have today requested a deadlock letter from my lender so that I can contact the FO. Thinking ahead, does anyone know what will happen when the case of misselling this M.I.G is proved either way ie if it is proved to have been missold does this mean that they cannot pursue me for the entire shortfall only the remainder after the payment from the M.I.G? If it is proven that there is nothing in writing, I am confused at what I should do next, throughout this site it states not to fill out I&E but they are refusing to accept anything without, it is a catch 22 situation. I am worried because although I am employed, I cannot prove my outgoings as I live with my partner and everything is in his name so it may look like a income with no expenditure.

Thanks again Jessie

-- Jessie (, March 22, 2002.

I would suggest that yuo write to your lender and their solicitors. Telkl them that you have made a complaint to the FO and you want the issue put on hold until the FO issue a decision.

Regardless of what you do, don't fill in the I&E form without getting legal advice. Talk to the CAB, talk to a solicitor. But make sure that they know what they are doing and don't hesitate to talk to another solicitor if you feel the advice is not sound.

Good Luck.

-- Harry (, March 23, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ