Where to send the SARN?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

I want to serve a SARN on some soliciotrs and also on the Halifax. Obvioulsy I have an address on the soliciotrs but where do I send it to for the Halifax to make sure it gets to the right people? Do I just send it to the head office?


-- lisa (lisajh29@hotmail.com), March 06, 2002


Be warned that the solicitors will most likely claim legal privilege and will tell you nothing. The only exception to this would be if you were pursuing criminal charges against the solicitors yourself, and required their compliance.

You should check a companies Data Controllers address on the Information Commissioners website. You have to search for the company name and it will provide you with the full address of the registered Data Controller. Ensure that a SARN is addressed to; "The Data Controller", & "The Data Protection Team". And make sure you send it recorded.

Friends and I have had SARN letters addressed in this way returned, after being passed around the entire company. If this happens then complain to the IC and they will put them right for you.

Good Luck.

-- Harry (pearson_harry@hotmail.com), March 06, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ