novice questions.... : LUSENET : Brownie Cameras : One Thread

Wow...the web never ceases to amaze me with all the specialized thread nooks and chat crannies. Anyway, I found an old Brownie Holiday Flash of my Grandmothers, and having procured some 127 film, am ready to play with this thing. First question: How do you know how far to wind the film between exposures? Secondly: What is needed to develop 127 film (no enlarging or anything)at home? this is just for cheaper the better. thanks all.

-- pat (, January 31, 2002


Hi, Pat! Does your Brownie Holiday have a little round red window on the back? That is your indicator window for the film. As you're winding on the film, numbers will appear thru it. Wind slowly between exposures and stop on the number when it's in the middle of the window.

You should ask your local camera shop about development. If you do home developing, and if you have a 120 film developing spool, the 127 film should fit on it, but you would need to have the kind that clips the film to the spindle. Of course you would develop it in the same chemicals as you would develop 35mm or 120 film of the same emulsion.

OK, I've reached the limit of my knowledge. Good luck and have fun!

-- Pete Lutz (, February 01, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ