Anthrax info..email just came to me from a friend.greenspun.com : LUSENET : Current News - Homefront Preparations : One Thread
Don't know if this is stuff to post, but this was emailed to me by a friend....
Dear Friends, You will find this report absolutely stunning and urgent. Please print it and critically consider it. Then send it to everyone you know, every way possible. Our great nation, and embattled world needs your help in illuminating the darkness with the light of this truth.
Dr. Horowitz has done a brilliant job in preparing this document. Please forward this report to members of Congress and your local law enforcement and emergency management workers, your local newpaper editors and reporters, talk show hosts and producers, and librarians. Your support is critically needed and greatly appreciated. This report holds great power to cure what ails America and the world today!
Sincerely and lovingly yours, Ingri Cassel, Tetrahedron Publishing Group
Could the Anthrax Mailings Be Military-Industrial Espionage?
A Special Report
Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H.*
On October 1, 2001-approximately two weeks prior to the first publicly announced anthrax mailing-FBI officials received an urgent warning from this author. Investigators were directed to consider certain pharmaceutical and/or military contractors as suspects in anthrax-related psychological operations (PSYOPs) and bioterro-linked espionage. Near the time of this writing, some of my critical pronouncements have appeared in national news reports. On November 26, 2001, concerns regarding the Bayer Corporation's Cipro were featured by the Washington Times. (1) On December 2 and 3, 2001, the New York Times focused on U.S. military biological weapons contractors as the source of the anthrax-mailings.(2,3) This report relays additional evidence that these criminal offenses, classically called serial murders by the FBI, are best explained by a relatively new treasonous form of military-industrial espionage. This conclusion is supported by the public access reports cited herein, and issued by scientific and military officials alike, as presented by the mainstream media. Amazingly, despite generally perceived limitations on freedom of the press, enough truths are still told today to allow determined investigators and journalists to piece little known facts together to reflect broad, sociopolitical criminal realities. The following report provides important background on the suspects implicated in the anthrax mailings. As with every official FBI investigation of suspects in serial slayings, a review of the developmental histories of chief suspects was conducted while considering military-industrial espionage as a possible motive for the crime of sending anthrax through the mail. From this knowledge, chief suspects were identified, and a determination of the sole source of the mailed anthrax was made. The evidence strongly suggests a conspiracy to commit espionage and treason against America involving anthrax developers at the Battelle Memorial Institute, and agents within the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and/or national security system.
On April 24, 1997, a package containing a Petri dish labeled "anthrachs" was received by the B'nai B'rith in Washington, D.C. According to researchers reporting in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists this triggered a new era in mailed anthrax hoaxes and threats. (4)
By February 1999, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that seven major anthrax threats were recorded during a three month period in 1998. Perhaps not coincidentally, the same day this report was issued, the media reported four more incidents.(4)
Among the first to suspect military-industrial espionage involving anthrax scares was Leonard A. Cole, a political scientist at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey. He recalled that the letters claimed to contain anthrax, much like the recent mailings to news sources, "arrived at the Washington Post and . . . at an NBC news office in Atlanta."
He, like many political observers, balked at the unprecedented announcement by Defense Secretary William Cohen on national television concerning a "5-pound bag of Domino sugar" the military official likened to powdered anthrax. Mr. Cole wrote that the "military's controversial decision to vaccinate U.S. troops against anthrax," gave the anthrax threat a "special cachet." I wrote, at that time, Mr. Cohen's behavior was virtually treasonous. After all, when in America's history had our military leader(s) publicized our nation's greatest attack vulnerabilities? A new military mentality, if not a form of psychological warfare, had obviously foreshadowed current events. In Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare(5) published Spring 2001, the use of such "PSYOPs"- psychological operations-was predicted to facilitate severe curtailments of American civil liberties. Professor Cole editorialized that such threats of bioterrorism, "reportedly brandished by an assortment of 'rogue states,' helped the Pentagon, justify its still sizable post-Cold War military budget."
Might all of this reflect the officially heralded, though mostly classified, "Revolution in Military Affairs"?(6)
Within days of the anthrax hoax at the B'nai B'rith, FBI director Louis Freeh suddenly offered a very different view from that which had been previously expressed by leading military and intelligence officials regarding the risk of bioterrorism. The acquisition or use of biological weapons by individuals or terrorist groups, he stated, constituted "one of the gravest threats to the United States."(4)
Discerning the change in official policy and its economic ramifications, Professor Cole lamented over the soaring bioterrorism budget-$1.4 billion at that time. "Even bioscientists who think the threat is exaggerated are reluctant to contradict officials who say it is 'only a matter of time' before one of the many anthrax alarms turns out to be real," he wrote.(4)
In a related article, Jonathan B. Tucker, director of the Chemical and Biological Weapons (CBW) Nonproliferation Project at Monterey Institute of International Studies, and his associate Amy Sands, director of the Monitoring Proliferation Threats Project at that Institute, discussed anthrax-related hysteria. They reflected on "the tendency of U.S. government officials to exaggerate the threat of chemical and biological terrorism" which they wrote was "reinforced by sensational reporting in the press and an obsessive fascination with catastrophic terrorism in Hollywood films, best-selling books, and other mainstays of pop culture." Had their writing not preceded the Hollywood production called "Wag the Dog" they might have modified their dismal view of "Tinseltown" truth- tellers.(7)
Likewise, in the Washington Post (March 16, 1999), science policy analyst Daniel S. Greenberg criticized what he called "a whiff of hysteria-fanning and budget opportunism in the scary scenarios of the saviors who have stepped forward against the menace of bioterrorism. . . . While a gullible press echoes [their] frightening warnings, there are no independent assessments of the potential for terrorist attacks or the practicality of the proposed responses."(7)
Indeed, these scholarly assessments foreshadowed today's news headlines concerning the official origin of the mailed anthrax- reports that seriously implicate military defense contractors, if not government officials themselves. What many may wish to believe is an appropriate National Security response to threatened bioterrorist attacks, is best explained by the words on the back of every dollar bill-"Novo Ordo Seclorum." Without entertaining broad conspiracy theories, current events demonstrate a "New World Order" is certainly evolving from militarily managed chaos.
Investigating the Primary Suspects:
(Numbers correspond to those on the attached flow chart.)
Background on the Anthrax Vaccine Maker-Bioport
1. In March 16, 1999, Robert C. Myers, DVM, Chief Operating Officer of BioPort-America's only anthrax vaccine maker-appealed to a Senate Appropriations Committee for urgent funding for both anthrax and smallpox vaccines. In 1996, in his own words, he "was part of a team of organizations, led by Battelle Memorial Institute, which came together to compete for the [Department of Defense's Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program] JVAP. Despite there being dozens of potential bioterrorist threats, Dr. Myers stated these two threats were the greatest since anthrax is easy to handle and "because smallpox is highly contagious and probably most of the world is now susceptible. . . ." He also testified, "Suppose we have a smallpox vaccine stockpile and a manufacturing capability. . . . Funding for adequate security must be included in this program if the threat is to be optimally minimized. Included in these security measures and to prevent against natural disaster, there should be two or more geographical separate manufacturing facilities and two or more facilities for storage of the manufactured vaccine." He further stated that few companies wished to become involved in the production of anthrax and smallpox vaccines due to the high expense and risks involved in research and development. Today, the only other companies linked to smallpox vaccine production include Baxter, Aventis (Hoechst-Rhone Poulenc subsidiary) OraVax/Acambis, and Fort Dodge Animal Health as detailed in the accompanying flow chart.(8)
2. The preceding year (September 1998), Bioport Corporation took over a failing anthrax vaccine business from state-owned Michigan Biologic Products Institute. Less than a month later, the company landed an exclusive $29 million contract with the Department of Defense to "manufacture, test, bottle and store the anthrax vaccine." Admiral William J. Crowe, Jr., a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and close personal aid to President Clinton, with no financial investment of his own, received 22.5% of Bioport's stock to promote, secure, and manage military anthrax vaccine contracts. (9)
3. Bioport's principal investor was Saudi business man Fuad El-Hibri-a close friend of the bin Laden family, and a previous merger and acquisitions manager for the Rockefeller- linked Citigroup in New York.(9,10)
4. Bioport shares were also held by The Carlyle Management Group-America's 11th leading defense contractor largely directed by past CIA director Frank Carlucci, James Baker III, and George H.W. Bush, according to several investigators.(11)
5. According to the Associated Press, Past President George H.W. Bush acts as a business agent for the Carlyle Group and wealthy Saudi families including the bin Ladens.(12)
6. Between 1998 and 2000, Bioport successfully negotiated through a steady storm of controversy and illegalities to secure ongoing defense contracts for anthrax vaccine.(9,10,13)
Background on Anthrax Antiobiotic Maker-Bayer
7. July, 2000- Germany's Bayer AG negotiated an unprecedented sole endorsement by the FDA of the antibiotic Cipro for anthrax, despite the drug's high risk, high price, and largely untested status.(1)
8. During the 1980s, Bayer AG and Baxter Healthcare both marketed blood clotting factor VIII. Both firms were found guilty of knowingly transmitting the AIDS virus (HIV) to more than 7,000 American hemophiliacs. Both firms settled out of court for what amounted to economically motivated genocide.(14)
9. World War II military background on Bayer: Company President, Hermann Schmitz, also directed Germany's leading industrial organization-I.G. Farben. He was found guilty at Nuremberg trials for running Nazi concentration labor camps. He merely served four years in prison. According to CBS News war correspondent Paul Manning, Schmitz held more shares of Rockefeller Standard Oil Co. stock than the Rockefellers. Farben's principle partner, the Rockefellers, profited greatly from World War II. A Federal Court judgment cited the Standard Oil Co. as America's "Enemy National," that is, a "traitor." Bayer was blacklisted at that time by the U.S. Federal Government.(15)
10. During the late 1940s, I.G. Farben was "decartelized" by the Allied High Commission led by America's John J. McCloy-a Philadelphia banker and lawyer with intimate ties to Rockefeller oil and banking interests. Farben stockholders received equal shares of Bayer, Hoechst, and BASF stock. (5,15,16)
Related Smallpox Vaccine Makers-American Home Products/Baxter and Fort Dodge, Hoechst/Aventis/Oravax-Acambis
11. American Home Products (AHP) was formed in 1926 but evolved largely under the same direction as Bayer, Hoechst and BASF, that is, from I.G. Farben/Rockefeller financial interests according to cancer investigator and author G. Edward Griffin. (17) During WWII, Ayerst Laboratories joined AHP and Wyeth International Limited was formed. This company went on to "perfect" the smallpox vaccine according to company promotions.(18)
12. The Genetics Institute, an offshoot of the Rockefeller initiated and dominated genetics industry, is a biotech research unit of AHP/Wyeth-Ayerst. The Institute contributes to Baxter's product line of genetically engineered products, as does AHP, including the smallpox vaccine.(5,19,20)
13. Aventis Pharma, with headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany-coincidentally the home of I.G. Farben and the post-war CIA-was formed by Hoechst AG and Rhone-Poulenc S.A. during their merger in 1999. American headquarters of the company not far from Trenton, NJ in Bridgewater.(21)
14. The politically powerful Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) is directed by Aventis's CEO Richard Markham. Mr. Markham is also Chairman of the Task Force on Emergency Preparedness that meets regularly with Bush administration officials. The Bayer and Merck companies are also heavily represented in PhRMA and its bioterrorism task force.(21) (Merck should be recalled as the primary recipient of the Nazi "flight capital" on August 10, 1944 at the time the company's president, George W. Merck, was America's biological weapons industry director.(22) According to Paul Manning, who credited CIA director Allen Dulles for his intelligence and guidance in Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile, the "flight capital scheme" assured the rise of the Fourth Reich, alternatively called the "Neuordnung"-New Order, for the global petrochemical- pharmaceutical and banking cartels, according to Farben documents discussed by Manning and others.(15,23)
15. One example of the steady stream of incestuous mergers and acquisitions within the IG Farben/Rockefeller cartel, is American Cyanamid's purchase by AHP in 1994. American Cyanamid is infamous for producing, through Lederle Labs, monkey cancer virus contaminated poliovaccines linked to several contemporary human cancer epidemics.(22) AHP then sold its Cyanamid Agricultural Products business, including carcinogenic pesticides said to reduce the spread of the West Nile virus, to BASF Aktiengesellschaft in June 2000.(25)
Current Events Potentially Impacting the Anthrax Mailing Investigation
16. PhRMA officials have met regularly and illegally with Bush administration officials under the auspices of "emergency preparedness" according to The Public Citizen in November, 2001. Multi-million dollar drug and vaccine contracts have emerged from these mostly secret meetings that violate the Federal Advisory Committee Act-a transparency law enacted to protect consumers against closed-door dealings between government and special interests.(26)
17. The BBC and London's leading Sunday newspaper, The Guardian, reported Nov. 7, 2001 that the Bush administration, through the CIA, hog-tied the FBI in their investigations linking Bush family and bin Laden family investments, including commonly held stock in the Carlyle Management Group. This may have profoundly suppressive implications affecting the indicated investigations of Bioport and Battelle Labs for this and other reasons cited below.(27)
18. Based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, Aventis Pharma AG sought and received a lucrative smallpox vaccine order from the U.S. government. Along with Bayer, Hoechst, and Merck & Co. all four firms have major plants within 45-minutes drive of Trenton, NJ where most of the anthrax mailings originated. Aventis's European operations are jointly (50:50) owned by Merck & Co.(28)
19. Aventis collaborates with Oravax/Acambis to produce enough smallpox vaccine for the federal government's large order, and fulfills Bioport's Chief Operating Officer, Robert Myers's recommendations to the U.S. Congress that his company, and at least one other, be able to produce critical anthrax and smallpox vaccines. The Aventis/Acambis 20-year contract, awarded by the CDC, is worth approximately $343 million for a 40-million dose stockpile.(8, 28, 29)
20. Acambis-evolved from OraVax-allied with Baxter Heathcare to produce smallpox and West Nile virus vaccines. Aventis fully funds the OraVax/Acambis dengue fever vaccine and subsidizes other joint ventures. Months before 9-11, the CDC awarded Acambis a 20-year contract to develop a new smallpox vaccine.(30)
Apparent Origin of the Weaponized Anthrax-The Chief Suspects
21. In April, 1998, OraVax/Acambis Vice President, Dr. Thomas Monath met with President Clinton, New York's Emergency Management Director, Jerry Hauer, Rockefeller University president emeritus and American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) curator, Dr. Joshua Lederberg, CIA Director John Deutsch, and government biological weapons expert William C. Patrick, III, to discuss/negotiate the first of several multimillion dollar anthrax, smallpox and West Nile virus vaccine contracts. According to New York Times reporters William Broad and Judith Miller, (31) "seven scientists endorsed the stockpile.." These included "two men who stood to gain financially from the decision. . . ." These men included Dr. Monath and Dr. J. Craig Venter, president of The Institute for Genomic Research near Washington working on anthrax genetics. "The apparent consensus on acquiring vaccines masked deep divisions among scientists and military officials," according to reporters Broad and Miller.(5,31)
22. Around the same time, according to New York Times reporter William Broad,(2) William C. Patrick, III, was commissioned to compile a report for an undisclosed government contractor concerning the ramifications of mailing aerosolizable anthrax. In an earlier report,(3) investigators Broad and Miller cited the published paper of Dr. Barbara Hatch Rosenberg, a "private expert in biological weapons," in which she contended "that a government insider, or someone in contact with an insider, . . ." was responsible for the mailed anthrax. "One official close to the federal investigation called the Rosenberg theory 'the most likely hypothesis,'" according to the New York Times article. Given this most credible theory, obvious suspects among the government "insiders" with economic and/or political motives to mail anthrax for military-industrial espionage related outcomes are Bioport-sole maker of the anthrax vaccine; allied smallpox vaccine makers OraVax/Acambis, Baxter, and Aventis, Bayer-the anthrax antibiotic profiteer; and most importantly the principle government and U.S. military contractor-Batelle Memorial Institute's Chemical and Biological Information Analysis Center with bioweapons research, development, and testing labs in West Jefferson, Ohio. (See http://www.nbcindustrygroup.com/battel.htm for Battelle's CBW operations summary and http://www.nrel.gov/surviving_disaster/fema2000/Cbiac/sld016.htm for pictures of the facilities.)(32,33)
23. Most heavily implicated is Batelle and Bioport, both of which maintain financial and administrative links to highest level U.S. National Security officials and agencies and the DoD's Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program. Based on a September 7, 2001 Associated Press report, a "new strain" of extremely lethal anthrax had been under development before September 2001, by an unnamed U.S. biological weapons contractor. This fit William Patrick's report in which he "said the American program had achieved a concentration of one trillion spores per gram." How was William Patrick privy to this classified intelligence unless he had consulted, or worked, on the development? To date, according to William Broad's New York Times article, (2) this concentration of the Ames, IA strain of anthrax is unprecedented throughout the world. Even the Soviets were unable to produce weaponized anthrax concentrated beyond 500 billion spores per gram according top Russian anthrax expert (currently employed by the CIA) Dr. Kanatjan Alibekov (alias, "Ken Alibek"). No one else has come close to describing such concentrated anthrax powder. Given this astonishing difference alone, the FBI should have been able to quickly determine the few, if not single, U.S. military bioweapons contractor(s) capable of this unprecedented feat simply by interrogating William Patrick. This tip may be worth $1 million according to the New York Times.(34)
24. Keenly related, First Amendment Press investigator Christopher Williams, determined that a recent U.S. military project to develop this advanced type of weapons-grade anthrax was reported by the Associated Press. In the article, Russian munitions expert Alexander Gorbovsky voiced his government's concerns regarding the increased threat posed by the obviously active U.S. biological weapons program-a program that according to all mainstream media reports has been dead since President Nixon's signing of the 1925 Geneva Accord in 1969. So much for accurate reporting! An anonymous source at the Pentagon told Mr. Williams that this program was referred to as "Project Jefferson." Further research by Williams revealed Battelle Memorial Institute's laboratories in West Jefferson, Ohio had been contracted to complete this project.(35)
This operation was ongoing around the same time U.S. military anthrax specialist William Patrick's report on the ramifications of mailed anthrax powder, commissioned by an unidentified "contractor"-apparently Battelle-was being completed.(2) In other words, that is why Patrick was privy to this intelligence.
25. According to admitted CIA consultant and author Richard Preston, William Patrick and "Ken Alibek" were very "close friends!" (36) Moreover, both leading anthrax experts held classified consulting contracts with the CIA. In this article, Preston revealed that Alibek, besides using CIA provided VISA cards, was then working at the Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI).
BMI, according to its website (http://www.battelle.org/nationsecurity/), is a virtual one- stop-shopping-center for U.S. and foreign militaries, the Department of Energy, the national security industries and the agencies, organizations, and institutions evaluating every major aspect of modern methods of population and environmental control and warfare. With nearly $1 billion of business volume annually, Battelle's 7,500 scientists, engineers and support specialists, have designed and developed a wide variety of innovations from the uranium used in the top secret "Manhattan Project" of WWII to the Xerox copying process. In addition to their voluminous research, development, and testing activities, this private institute co-manages America's most secret enterprises including the DoE's Brookhaven National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Oak Ridge Laboratory, and fully manages several others including the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory . Their two biological level-3 "Aerosol Engineering & Biological Sciences Facilities" in West Jefferson, Ohio appear in photographs on a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) promotions slide at http://www.nrel.gov/surviving disaster/fema2000/Cbiac/sld016.htm.(37)
The BMI/Department of Energy combined web page explained (on 12/7/01 at http://hattelle.org/doe/natsecurity.stm; get it while you can!) that Battelle's "National Security" contract called for the administration of Brookhaven's "chemical/biological stand-off detection technology" for which New York City was selected for an "interagency chemical exercise." Moreover, this test was conducted sometime prior to the new Millennium. Therefore, it would have involved Jerry Hauer, additionally linking Battelle's chemical and biological warfare testing program to the military industrialists that met in the Clinton White House in 1998.(34)
Battelle's "Aerosol Engineering and Biological Defense Science" description relays their unequaled ability to develop, test, evaluate, and modify a variety of biological agent detection systems, as well as the agents themselves. This is done, they say, "for the Joint Services including BL-3 [i.e., biological safety level of containment] operations." While superficially publicizing their unique qualifications and activities in the realm of chemical and biological weapons "defense," detailed disclosures here are classified. Relating to their apparent development of the highly weaponized strain of anthrax in question, they reported their "Aerosol Science and Technology (AS&T) group develops lab experimental and field test procedures for . . . point-source emissions and the transport and atmospheric fate of aerosols by means of modeling and field assessments for industrial process." Thus, the government "contractor" for whom anthrax expert William Patrick wrote his mailed anthrax aerosol dispersal assessment could have only been Battelle for whom "Ken Alibek" worked; Robert Myers, Bioport's Chief Operating Officer affiliated; and Jerry Hauer in New York's emergency management helped facilitate tests. All of these suspects (except Alibek), played roles in the Department of Defense's Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program that was accelerated due to the anthrax mailings and national fright they apparently caused.
In summary, there are several serious indicators that the source of the anthrax weapon used in the mailings was the Ames, Iowa strain of silica-impregnated and electro-statically charged anthrax produced by the Battelle Institute under their classified Defense Department "Project Jefferson." This hyper- weaponized germ was likely produced with the help (or under the direction) of Dr. Alibekov and/or Dr. Patrick. The fact that these Battelle agents and affiliated agencies gained notoriety, if not financially, as a result of the anthrax mailings and fright fits the parameters of organized conspiracy to commit military-industrial espionage and serial homicide approaching economic genocide.
Additional Suspects and/or Accessories to the Crime
26. Another vaccine producer, located in Ames, Iowa-Fort Dodge Animal Health (FDAH)-must not be overlooked. (Again, the Ames, Iowa strain of anthrax was determined to be the specific type of anthrax, super-weaponized at apparently Battelle Labs, then transported to, and mailed from, New Jersey by someone who held high level U.S. National Security clearance.) Originally called the Ames Vaccine Company, the firm was acquired by American Home Products (AHP) in 1945, suggesting at this time the company's evolution and/or financing, like Bayer, Hoechst, Baxter, and Aventis, from the I.G. Farben/Rockefeller cartel's "flight capital." Ames's FDAH developed numerous "first" animal vaccines including Lyme, parvovirus, feline leukemia, Mycoplasma, and suspiciously the West Nile virus vaccine falsely reported by the media to have been solely produced by OraVax/Acambis. FDAH is the third largest animal health products manufacturer in the U.S.(38)
27. The National Veterinary Services Laboratory (NVSL), also uniquely located in Ames, Iowa, is a USDA administered entity linked by unique location and common interest in West Nile virus and anthrax research and developments to the FDAH. The NVSL reported the first West Nile virus infection in a horse in Florida. Subsequent investigations showed no infected mosquitoes or "WNV-positive pools" by Florida investigators. (39,40) Nonetheless, the news media "wagged the dog" for West Nile vaccine sales once again benefiting FDAH and the Aventis and OraVax/Acambis partnerships.(39)
28. The NY Times reported on 11-9-01 that the FBI investigation of anthrax mailings was stymied.(41) What else might be expected given the classified nature of this work and its operatives? Most are afforded protection by the National Security Agency and the CIA. Yet, stunningly, the FBI and CDC were blamed for destroying critical evidence. According to the report, the Ames, Iowa strain of anthrax, determined to be the one mailed from Trenton to Florida and Washington's capitol, had been suspiciously selected for destruction.(41) Iowa State officials suddenly confessed that they were ordered by CDC and FBI officials to destroy all of the remaining Ames, Iowa anthrax strain on or about October 8-9. The strain archive was then "destroyed on Oct. 10 and 11." That means, as national attention was first focusing on the American Media, Inc.'s initial anthrax cases in Florida (October 7), the orders to destroy that particular strain was given. More incriminating is the fact that this one strain, of more than 1,000 anthrax strains available, had been used in various labs for decades. Allegedly by mistake, these two agencies-the FBI and CDC- simultaneously urged/approved the strain's destruction. It should be recognized that by April, 2000, the CIA assumed all oversight at the CDC, and other health science agencies, concerning HIV/AIDS (42) and other infectious diseases considered national security risks, which following 9-11 clearly included anthrax and smallpox. Again, according to FBI and military officials interviewed by the BBC and The Guardian's Greg Palast (27), Bush administration officials and the CIA had blocked FBI investigations involving terror group financiers with ties to the Bush family and by extension certain vaccine makers.
29. The NYTimes (11-09-01) also reported that FBI investigators in search of anthrax mailing clues were refused access to certain pharmaceutical companies. These undisclosed companies were said to require court orders for official access to their facilities. No such court orders were subsequently reported.(41)
30. The American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) supplies most of the anthrax globally for research and biological weapons development. They supplied Saddam Hussein with 19 shipments of anthrax in the years leading up to the Gulf War. Their V.P., Nancy Wysocki, reported working closely with the FBI on their investigation (41) Dr. Joshua Lederberg, previously reported to have met with Bioport, their consultants, and Clinton administration officials regarding anthrax and smallpox risks and vaccine policies and purchases, was ATCC's director during the time anthrax was shipped to Iraq. He is also the bioterrorism study group leader for the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and President emeritus of Rockefeller University.(5)
The CFR is a chief U.S. Government policy analysis and advisory organization composed of 3,600 mostly wealthy industrialists led by international banking representatives. In his Farewell Address to the Nation, on January 17, 1961, President Dwight D. Eisenhower's counsel was highly relevant to this discussion. He warned: "In the councils of Government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes."(5)
31. All findings have pointed to anthrax mailings being a "white collar crime"-a military-industrial conspiracy involving chief biological weapons "preparedness" firms and the CIA. This conclusion is evidenced by the highly weaponized nature of the silica powdered anthrax that required a bioweapons savvy microbiologist and expensive equipment to produce. Also, mailed anthrax letters originated from Trenton, New Jersey, St. Petersburg, Florida and Malaysia-also reflecting international financial motive(s). Additional support for this hypothesis comes from an Atlanta package shipped to Kenya on Oct. 9.(43) The sender was not implicated. Apparently, an agent with access to this private mail, and Battelle's classified military grade anthrax preparation, somehow inoculated the parcel. Again, Atlanta is home to the CIA-officiated CDC.
32. Bayer AG posted $165 million in losses during the third quarter of 2001, according to the Associated Press.(44) Was this sufficient motive for the "wag the dog Cipro sales scam" reported by this author and published by the Washington Times?(1) Probably not, because there was far more money and political concessions to be made from the anthrax fright than this.(26)
33. On November 9, 2001, The Guardian reported that U.S. health secretary Tommy Thompson asked Congress for $500 million for enough smallpox vaccine "so every American will be assured there is a dose with his or her name on it if it is needed." Only weeks earlier the HHS secretary said he had worked a "special" deal with Bayer to purchase 100 million tablets of Cipro for 95 cents each.(45) This, despite equally effective and better tested alternatives, such as doxycyclines, were more readily available for less than five cents each.(46)
A week later the New York Times announced that between $1.5-3.2 billion was to be spent "largely on drugs and vaccines" to fight bioterrorism in the United States.(47)
Finally, on November 23, 2001, the New York Times reported that Aventis Pharma of Frankfurt, Germany had developed a promising pharmaceutical formula for smallpox-"cidofovir and a chemical known as S2242." Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), "told a Senate committee last month that 'the animal model data are very impressive. . ." (48) Dr. Fauci is America's AIDS czar, under direct oversight by the CIA. He was heavily implicated by this author in Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola-Nature, Accident or Intentional? (Tetrahedron Press, 1998) for having helped suppress awareness that the NIAID helped Germany's Merck pharmaceutical company develop the 1974 hepatitis B vaccine given to gay men in NYC and Blacks in Central Africa that according to much scientific evidence was the specific vaccine that triggered the international AIDS pandemic.
Summary and Closing Questions
"One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything," urged William of Occam in providing his "Razor" analysis. This report seeks to do the same by simplifying the correlates and antecedents to serial homicide in the anthrax mailing mystery. This analysis is based on the FBI's official model of analyzing suspects' developmental histories and potential motives in such cases. (49)
The foregoing analysis recognizes the highly unsavory developmental histories of central suspects in this case-those who stood to gain most by the extensive news coverage of the anthrax crimes-investors in pharmaceutical and vaccine firms.
In conclusion, this report characterizes the unique U.S. military weapons grade of anthrax developed from the Ames, Iowa strain that was used in the mailings and the organization most capable of making it. Given several incriminating associations and documented testimonies published in reputable periodicals, the logical origin of this extraordinarily deadly form of aerosolizable anthrax is the Battelle Memorial Institute-a major global "defense" contractor employing affiliated anthrax experts additionally linked to the implicated drug and vaccine companies.
Although several contractors are implicated in what might best be called "military-industrial espionage," the accompanying flow chart depicts the primary suspects are linked to the highest levels of government and to the Central Intelligence Agency both of which operate with little to no effective oversight or judicial regulation. This, then, is the likeliest explanation as to why the FBI has been unable to determine what seems obvious to many and heavily supported-a conspiracy to commit military-industrial espionage.
Perhaps economic incentives were not the only motive for the targeted anthrax mailings. On October 31, 2001, The Boston Globe heralded an unprecedented
CDC initiative that might dramatically suspend civil rights in the event of a declared biological emergency. The "Model State Emergency Health Powers Act," it was reported, would give public health officials and states governors the power to arrest, transport, quarantine, drug, and vaccinate anyone suspected of carrying a potentially infectious disease. The plan (available for downloading from www.publichealthlaw.net/MSEHPA/MSEHPA.pdf.) is precisely the type of document that Battelle Memorial Institute's social service providers and leading academic consultants periodically compose. The fact that their website promotes the institute's pioneering role in marshalling America's upcoming public health response to future outbreaks is chillingly Machiavellian. (See: http://www.battelle.org/hhs/default.stm.)
Based on the above information, basic questions for serious investigators might include:
1) Who in the Battelle Institute's Jefferson labs had access to the optimally concentrated aerosolized, silica-based, Ames strain of anthrax, and who transported it to Trenton, New Jersey and elsewhere to be mailed?
2) Who in the CIA was assigned to oversee this classified biological weapons, or bioterrorism, "defense" operation, and who, if anyone in the agency (as with Battelle personnel), had the wherewithal and matching itinerary to effect the anthrax mailings in Trenton, St. Petersburg, Atlanta, and Malaysia.
3) Who in the Bush administration ordered, according to the BBC and The Guardian, the CIA to clamp down on FBI investigations linking bin Laden family assets to Bush family investments, and finally,
4) Is America at risk and under attack from within our own secretive national security system, possibly more than it is from foreign entities and terrorist groups?
If we were able to accurately answer these questions, the revelations-no less extraordinary than the data and conclusions presented in this report-might serve as a basis upon which to rethink and redirect our "War on Terrorism," defense initiatives, and public health policies to honestly safeguard the American people in service to freedom and the free world.
Copyright © 2001 by Leonard G. Horowitz. All rights reserved though may be recopied, distributed, or posted on the worldwide web for non-profit purposes only. For more information visit: www.tetrahedron.org.
* Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H. is a Harvard trained expert in public health and social and behavioral science.
This work is dedicated to the recently disappeared Professor Don C. Wiley of Harvard whose case remains a solvable mystery. Dr. Horowitz may be contacted through Tetrahedron Publishing Group.
The author would like to especially acknowledge the collaborative efforts of two heroic individuals: Chris Williams of the First Amendment Press in Denton, Texas (email@example.com)and independent biomedical investigator Patricia Doyle (http://goddess-of- fire.tripod.com/index-1.html)
For more information written by Dr. Horowitz on this subject, read "Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare" (Tetrahedron Publishing Group, June 2001; $29.95; 1-888-508- 4787, available from www.deathintheair.com and www.tetrahedron.org ).
*For more information about Dr. Horowitz link to:
For free information regarding the 9-11 attacks, link to the Apocalypse Prevention Project at:
For information about Dr. Horowitz's American bestseller, "Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola-Nature, Accident or Intentional?" link to:
For Dr. Horowitz's speaking schedule and services call 1-800- 336-9266.
Courtesy of Tetrahedron Publishing Group 206 North 4th Avenue, Suite 147 Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 http://www.tetrahedron.org Toll free order line: 888-508-4787; Office telephone: 208-265-2575; FAX: 208-265-2775 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to order audiotapes of this special report for distribution to those who prefer audio education, please call toll free 1-888-508-4787
1) O'Meara K. Drug deal: Investigative report. Washington Times, Insight Magazine. November 26, 2001, pp. 24-25.
2) Broad WJ. Terror anthrax lined to type made by U.S. New York Times. December 3, 2001. Available at http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/03/national/03POWD.html
3) Broad W. and Miller J. Anthrax inquiry looks at U.S. labs. New York Times, December 2, 2001. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/02/national/02POWD.html
4) Cole LA. Anthrax hoaxes: hot new hobby? Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, 1999 (July/August);55;4:7-13. Available at: http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1999/ja99/ja99bulletins.html
5) Horowitz LG. Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron Publishing Group, 2001.
6) Begich N and Burke K. New non-lethal weapons systems may be used against U.S. citizens. Report presented to the World Foundation for Natural Sciences on October 17, 1998, Interlaken, Switzerland. Published by The Leading Edge. Available from www.earthpulse.com.
7) Tucker J and Sands A. An unlikely threat. Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, 1999 (July/August);55;4:46-52. Available at: http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1999/ja99/ja99tucker.html)
8) Bioport was originally purchased by majority shareholder Intervac, a Maryland-based biotech firm owned by Admiral William J. Crowem Jr., but purchased by Fuad El Hibri, the general manager of Intervac. Mr. El Hibri directed the buyout as he had previously done with Porton Products Ltd., a Cambridge, England company apparently linked to Porton Down, England's top biological weapons development and testing facility. (See: U.S. Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security, Veterans Affairs, and International Relations. June 30, 1999, available from http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b12516e4594.htm; See also: http://search.lycos.com/main/default.asp?lpv=1&loc-- searchhp3&query=Faud+El-Hibri&... [see #10-Lansing State Journal]. In August 2001, the BBC reported that 20,000 "so called human guinea pigs went to Porton Down between 1939 and the 1960s" for various illegal chemical and biological weapons tests. Thousands were harmed or killed as a result. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/low/english/uk/newsid_1506000/1506968.stm. For Robert Myers, Battelle Memorial Institute and the DoD's Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program data see: Myers RC. Chief Operating Officer and Director, BioPort Corporation, The a joint meeting of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee and the Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies of the Senate Appropriations Committee, March 16, 1999. Available from: http://www.senate.gov/~appropriations/old/labor/myrs3_16.htm.
9) Department of Defense. Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program: Unproven Force Protection. February 17, 2000, p. 13
10) Irvine R and Kincaid C. Another leftover scandal from Clinton: Background of Anthrax vaccine manufacturer BioPort. Free Republic. May 22, 2001. Available from: http://freerepublic.com/forum/a3b12516e4594.htm.
11) Skolnick SH. Overthrow of the American republic: The anthrax commissars. Citizen's Committee to Clean Up the Courts. The primary source wished to remain anonymous. Mr. Skolnick relayed to this author by direct communication that he personally interviewed the source. For more information contact: Sherman H. Skolnick, 9800 South Oglesby Avenue, Chicago, IL 60617-4870. (773) 375-5741; E-mail email@example.com; See also Menchken HL. The great anthrax stock swindle. Available from: http://www.whatareweswallowing.freeserve.co.uk/anthrax.htm.
12) Associated Press. Bin laden cutting Carlyle Ties. October 26, 2001. Available at: http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp? layout=query_displaynews&q=Carlyle+Group&so=&dc=&ro=...; see also: Newsweek MSNBC investigation 11-11-2001
13) Staff. Vaccine bailout: DoD to bail out anthrax vaccine maker. Washington Times, Insight Magazine. October 20, 2001. Available from: http://www.insightmag.com/cgi-bin/ViewNews.cfm? Item=334.
14) Massie RK. Blood feud: A mother takes the hemophilia tragedy to court. New Yorker. June 16, 1997, pp. 98-102.
15) Manning P. Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile. Secaucus, NJ: Lyle Stuart, Inc., 1981.
16) Borkin J. The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben: The Unholy Alliance Between Hitler and the Great Chemical Combine. New York: Barnes & Noble, 1997.
17) Griffin GE. World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17. Westlake, CA: American Media, 1997.
18) American Home Products development of earliest smallpox vaccine is available at: http://www.ahp.com/history.asp. For strategic alliance between Baxter and Acambis to make the smallpox vaccine see Acambis's website www.biotechshares.com/acambis.htm
19) Wyeth Genetics Institute information is available from: http://www.wyeth.com/randd/gi/
20) American Home Products Company profile and affiliations are available at: http://www.ahp.com/companies.asp
21) Aventis announces support for government emergency preparedness efforts: Company to offer vaccines and antibiotic manufacturing capacity for protecting country against bioterrorism. October 26, 2001. Company press release at: http://www.aventispharma-us.com/pressreleases/10_26_01.html
22) Horowitz LG and Martin WJ. Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola- Nature, Accident or Intentional? Rockport, MA: Tetrahedron Press, 1998, pp. 37-38.
23) Manning P. op cit., pp. 29 and 56.
24) Horowitz and Martin. op cit., p. 492.
25) CNNfn. BASF boosts agro unit. News release available at: http://money.cnn.com/2000/03/21/europe/basf/
26) Staff. Industry role in bioterrorism response planning must be open to the public. The Public Citizen, Nov. 8, 2001. Available from: http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm? ID=901; See also: Claybrook J. Drug companies wage war on consumer. The Public Citizen, Nov. 30, 2001. Available at: http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=953.27) Palast G and Pallister D. FBI and US spy agents say Bush spiked bin Laden probes before 11 September. The Guardian (London). November 7, 2001. Available from: http://www.grepalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=103&row=0.
28) Aventis Media Center. Aventis Announces Support for U.S. Government emergency preparedness efforts. October 26, 2001. Available from Frankfurt, Germany, http://www.aventis.com/main/0,1003,EN-XX-10590-45781--,FF.html; For Merck partnership see: http://www.aventis.com/main/0,1003,EN-XX-27211-44441--,FF.html
29) The reference for the Hoechst-Rhone Poulenc's Aventis (Merck partnered) and Acambis "strategic alliance" with AHP's Baxter Healthcare Corporation to produce the smallpox vaccine is available at http://www.biotechshares.com/acambis.htm.
30) Information regarding the CDC's vaccine award to Acambis is available at: http://company.monster.com/oravax/; For Oravax, Inc. name change to Acambis, Inc. see: http://www.oravax.com/
31) Broad W and Miller J. Germ defense plan in peril as its flaws are revealed. New York Times, August. 7, 1998.
32) Battelle's nuclear biological and chemical group is described on their website at: http://www.nbcindustrygroup.com/battel.htm.
33) Battelle's West Jefferson, Ohio BL-3 laboratory may be viewed at: http://www.nrel.gov/surviving_disaster/fema2000/Cbiac/sld016.htm . 34) Stout D. U.S. offers $1 million for anthrax attacker's capture. New York Times, October 18, 2001. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/
35) Isachenkov V. Germ warfare plans worry Russia, September 7, 2001. This information was relayed to the author by e-mail from Christopher Williams, Dec. 5, 2001. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
36) Preston R. Annals of Warfare-The Bioweaponeers. New Yorker, March 9, 1998.
37) To access this slide click on: at http://www.nrel.gov/surviving disaster/fema2000/Cbiac/sld016.htm.
38) American Home Products Corporation: Fort Dodge Animal Health. About AHP at: http://www.ahp.com/fort_dodge/for_dodge.asp. Some of Fort Dodge Laboratories historic data is held by Iowa State University. For this see: http://www.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/manuscripts/MS019.html
39) Environmental News Network. West Nile virus strikes Florida horses. Tues, July 24, 2001. Available from: http://www.enn.com/news/enn- stories/2001/07/07242001/virus_44396.asp
40) National Veterinary Services Laboratory (NVSL) general description is available from: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/mds/eng-nvsl.html.
41) Purdum TS. Anthrax checks widen as officials admit error. New York Times, October 25, 2001. Available from: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/national/25ANTH.html? todaysheadlines; See also: Broad WJ, Johnston D, Miller J and Zielbauer P. Experts see F.B.I. missteps hampering anthrax inquiry. New York Times, November 9, 2001 http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/09/national/09INQUI.html? pagewanted=1&todaysheadlines.
42) Gellman B. AIDS is declared threat to security. Washington Post, Online, April 30, 2000. The CIA sponsored article is available for downloading at: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/nie/report/nie99-17d.html. The Post's article may be obtained at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn? pagename=article&node=&contentId=A40503-2000Apr29
43) Associated Press. U.S. anthrax letter mailed to Kenya. New York Times, Oct. 18, 2001. Available from http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Anthrax- Overseas.html
44) McHugh D. Bayer posts $165 million Q3 loss. Associated Press. November 14, 2001. Available from: http://www.news.excite.com/news/ap/011114/08/germany-bayer.
45) Bradsher K. Bayer agrees to charge government a lower price for anthrax medicine. New York Times. October 25, 2001. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/business/25BAYE.html; See also: The Guardian, HHS Secretary buys $500 smallpox vaccine with name on it.
46) Abelson R and Pollack A. Other drugs to combat anthrax are in ample supply. October 23, 2001. New York Times. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/23/business/23DRUG.html; See also: Pear R. In anthrax crisis, health secretary finds unsteady going. New York Times, October 25, 2001. Available from http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/national/25THOM.html; See also: Bradsher K. New York Times, Oct. 25, 2001. Other antibiotics than Cipro.
47) Stolberg SG. Senators seek $3.2 billion to fight germ threats, doubling bush plan. New York Times, Nov. 16, 2001. Available from: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/16/politics/16BIO.html? todaysheadlines.
48) Wade N. A nation challenged: Drug research; U.S. hunting antiviral drug to use in case of smallpox. New York Times, November 23, 2001. Available from NYTimes online archives
49) Horowitz LG. Murder and cover-up could explain the Florida dental AIDS mystery. British Dental Journal. 1994 10;24:423- 327; This report was based on: Hartman AW, Ressler RR, Douglas JE and McCormack A. Sexual homicide: a motivational model. In: Criminal Investigatory Analysis of Sexual Homicide. National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, pp. 39- 60, 1990.
50) Horowitz LG. Polio, Hepatitis B and AIDS: An integrative theory on a possible vaccine induced pandemic. J Medical Hypothesis 2001;56;5:677-686.
-- Anonymous, December 12, 2001