staying in U.S. after graduation : LUSENET : Immigration Law - Law Offices of Michael Boyle : One Thread

I am a senior in college would like to work in the United States after I graduate? How can I do this?

-- Francisco Fernnades (, November 21, 2001


Do your practical training with a company that may want to hire you at a fair salary. (Practical training is the year of work authorization that you will be eligible for when you graduate.) Think about getting an H-1B professional visa and perhaps later gaining permanent residence through labor certification. The Work -H-1B and Work - Green card pages of our site describe how these work.

If these look like what you want, you should set up a consultation with an immigration lawyer to try and understand the arcane rules of the game before you begin a job search. We charge $150 for this kind of consultation.

-- Michael Boyle (, November 21, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ