voluntary reposession with Leeds & Holbeck

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

I have recently split up with my husband of 4 yrs and have been paying my share of the joint mortgage from our marital home which neither of us now lives in. My husband is now a Full Time student and because I have been paying a mortgage for a home I have not been living in for the past year and trying to cover costs in my new rented accomodation I am in debt with other lenders as well. Neither of us can afford the repayments, we have had the flat on the market for 9 months with no success (recent job losses in local area have affected house market)I am now considering handing the keys back to the mortgage lender and asking them to reposess. My husband is not keen however as he is worried about his future credit rating. I am not bothered about this as I am already falling behind on other debts. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are in Scotland in case this makes any difference in the law.

Thank you in advance.

-- AbbieTait (abbie24t@blueyonder.co.uk), September 20, 2001

Moderation questions? read the FAQ