Alden 16 rig - Can't find info on parts and how they assemble : LUSENET : Open-water rowing : One Thread

I bought an old alden 16 shell but don't know what I need, rigging wise. On the bottom there are 2 rods which are glassed in on the ends. Are these what the seat tracks on? Where does everything attach? I guess this was set up for the oarmaster 1. Is that a unit that drops into the boat? Help! I've looked all over the internet, but nothing is posted on information so simple. Thanks, Mark

-- Mark Corry (, September 02, 2001


Mark, Your boat should have 4 small cylindrical metal attachment points glassed into the floor of the cockpit towards the stern. Both the oarmaster models 1 & 2 sit over these "brackets" and are held in with wire clips. Call or email Alden Rowing Shells. I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you.

-- Ernie DeRushie (, September 06, 2001.

Marc, it could be that you have an original Alden pre Oarmaster 1. If that is the case a seat with wheels rolls on two stainless tubes glassed into the bottom and the rigger arms plug into the deck. If you can discribe your boat & rigging I can give you a deffinite answer. Regards Bill

-- Bill Graham (, January 18, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ