Pentax Spot Meter Mod : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Does anyone know of a person/place that can do a zone VI type modification to a Digital Pentax Spot Meter ?

Thanks, Robert

-- Robert Gabriel (, August 17, 2001


Hi Robert, I think the guy who does the zone VI mod to the Digital Pentax is Best, David

-- david clark (, August 17, 2001.

Both of those procedures are offered through Calumet's Service department. I was told to their contact Service M-F at 800-462-2550, ext 2258 for full details.

-- John D. Clark (, August 18, 2001.

According to a much more knowledgeable person than me, Howard Bond, there is no reason to modify a Pentax. He, and Jonn Sexton use unmodified Pentaxs (sp?) Geo

-- George Nedleman (, August 18, 2001.

So I guess Calumet has declined to provide Sexton or Bond comp. modified meters in exchange for endorsements.

-- Sal Santamaura (, August 18, 2001.

Thanks to everyone who answered the pentax meter question. I'm interested in George's reply about the unmodified meter. Does anyone know exactly what the difference and performance characteristic is between the modified meter vs. the unmodified one?

Thanks again, Robert

-- Robert Gabriel (, August 22, 2001.

As far as I have read, the modified meters' sensitivity is the same to film (film responds differently in tungsten light, etc.) over its entire range. A "normal" meter's sensitivity is constant over its entire range. The modified meters apparently utilize a set of special filters to achieve the special sensitivity.

-- Erik Asgeirsson (, December 25, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ