Film for old Kodak#1 : LUSENET : B&W Photo - Film & Processing : One Thread

I have an old Kodak#1 folding camera and need to find film to use with it. It takes 620 film. If I can find the film, where can I have it developed. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. I used this camera in my youth and would like to try it again. R. Arn

-- R.Arnold (, July 20, 2001


Roll 120 film onto a 620 spool in the darkroom. If no access to a darkroom, have someone at a camera repair or lab do it. You need the 620 spool, 620 was a little wider than 120. One can find the 620 spools in camera shops that feature older equipment or maybe someone here can recommend a place in your area. Any lab that devs. medium format can handle it, just make sure they keep and return your 620 spool! That's a great camera, good luck!

-- Ted Davis (, July 21, 2001.

You can buy 620 (and other old formats) from Film for Classics (

-- Warren Weckesser (, July 21, 2001.

you can purchase 620 film from dick haviland at film for classics in honeoye falls new york.i am not sure of the exact address but he re- spools 120 film onto 620 spools of his own design or you can send him your old metal spools and he may re-use them.

-- doug lister (trainman doug, July 27, 2001.

Be sure to pop open that camera and hold it up to a light. The bellows may have deteriorated. Especially look at the corners of the bellows.


-- Kai Yamada (, August 02, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ