Paper Work .. : LUSENET : Mountain Bike Hash Forum : One Thread

I would like to know what are the process and procedures if you want to undertake an expedition ? What are the paper work involved ? I would also like to know if there is anything else apart from this?

-- Kanesh Kumaran (, June 19, 2001



I don't think you need any paperwork. Except for maps. I highly recommend the maps printed by the govt map office of each state showing all the tarred roads in peninsular Malaysia. You can get them in bookstores like MPH. They're green with red lines for roads. They show distances between major junctions, so you can plan your trip.

The next thing to do is to plan your proposed route. It's hot (if you haven't noticed) in Malaysia, so 100-150km a day, fully loaded, is a good pace. At least for me.

Then you need to get your gear together. Are you camping? Or credit card touring? Your degree of self-sufficiency will determine the amount of gear you will need.

Finally, bring a camera and take notes. That way, when you are a wizened old man you can bore, err, regale your grandchildren with tales of your exploits.

Good luck!

-- Joe Adnan (, June 19, 2001.

Paper work is involved when u r planning to do a major expedition that requires sponsorship. Your potential sponsors would require u to submit a working paper.

-- IceCube (, June 21, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ