Graflex Speedgraphic 3 1/4X4 1/4 : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I bought this camera by mistake, thinking it was a 4x5. Does anyone know if there is film for this camera or if it can be converted to a film size like 120mm. It came with a 135mm F/4.7 lens and also has a focal plane shutter in the camera body, 135mm lens is also in a shutter that has T,B, and shutter speeds from 1 sec. to 1/400 sec. Lens can be open and closed without releasing the shutter by a little lever on the lens when the lens is cocked. The camera is a Graflex Speedgraphic 3 1/4

-- John Moye (, June 04, 2001


John I'm afraid you'll have to cut 4x5 sheets to 3 1/4x4x 1/4 to fit the film holders, or look on ebay for a 120 roll film adapter. I just saw a Singer Graflex one at Samys camera in Venice California. Good luck.

-- Ted Davis (, June 04, 2001.

Take a look at the following site. It lays out your options, including cuting down 4x5 film, purchasing 3x4 film from Film For Classics, building your own back, or cutting down a 4x5 Graflex roll film back. I hope this helps.

-- Dave Willison (, June 04, 2001.

John -

You can get film cut to order in virtually any size from Photo Warehouse, tel. (805) 485-9654. They offer both ISO 125 and ISO 400, they're cheap, and they're fast - typically takes a week to get the film. I've had them cut film for me in both 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and 6 1/2 x 8 1/2. Be sure to tell them that you want the film cut FOR HOLDERS, which means slightly smaller than the nominal size. Good luck...

-- Oren Grad (, June 04, 2001.

I have one and use a 120 back -- sometimes Equinox has these -- I'm sure there are other places too. More bellows than a 2x3.


-- Dean Lastoria (, June 05, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ