can a repossession order be inforced if nowhere to live and have children : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Was made bankrupt and now want to repossess my home.No loan was secured on the property.Wife not in a position to buy out my share of property and have 3 children can we be thrown out of our house?

-- Anthony Acquah (, April 27, 2001


Go and see a solicitor smartly - insolvency rules are complicated particularly where there is a bankrupt debtor owning something jointly with his wife - moreso when there are children who might be dispossessed by efforts to possess the house. It is unlikely, if solicitor takes right steps that this will happen.

-- D J Button (, April 27, 2001.

It *can* happen - jointly owned property is still taken into account by the OR and they can take it - they will just give you time to find rented accommodation/get housed by the Council. As the above post said get a solicitor to stay the repossession until you know if the OR is going to include it. Expect that he will. It's a pity you weren't advised to transfer the house to your wife before the bankruptcy order was made.

-- Too scared to say (, April 27, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ