Eversheds telephone conversation/SARN response

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

Just recieved a phone call from Eversheds, I don't think I handled it very well! I issued SARN and I got a reply from that pretty quickly with what they said was the info they had, but all they sent were sheets of paper with our names and address on and dates of when they had telephoned and sent out letters. This morning when they telephoned they wanted to know our intentions, I was a little shocked and taken by surprise (I think thats why they telephone, catch you off gaurd) so therefore I stumbled a bit, not quite sure what to say. Eventually I said that I disputed the shortfall claim as I think the property was sold to cheaply and that they had not sent me all the info I had requested via SARN. They said they had sent all the info they were legally required to send and I disputed this and told them they should have sent all info they held on us, they disputed this. I then was fed up of the conversation (my three children were also in the room, and two of them were listening intently) so I told them they were not to ring me as this was harassment and he said it was not and they are allowed to telephone so I put the phone down! Sorry to go on but I need to get it off my chest, I am now all shook up and worried about the next move and the next letter.

-- stacey (spatten@ic24.net), April 17, 2001


Stacey, You, the data subject, are entitled to know the details of data held on computer by the data user i.e. the bank/bldg.soc etc.and those acting on their behalf & using a computer to hold data about you. What you are not entitled to know is what opinion has been formed of you, and what actions are intended by the users as a result of the data they hold about you. I would write to Eversheds asking for details of ALL data they hold on computer relating to your case. They should know by this request that you know what your rights are. If you receive an unsatisfactory result,write again asking them specifically if the info. they have given you is all that they hold. When you receive the response to that request you then have some evidence. What you need is a written statement from them with those details. I would send YOUR letters by recorded delivery. Perhaps the next step would be to take advice from maybe the CAB or similar armed with Eversheds'letter as evidence of whatever admission they make.

Hope this helps, Joy

-- Joy Harker (joytelkomstar@bun.com), April 18, 2001.

Stacey Write to them and let them know that all discussion will, from now on, be by letter. Do not talk to them on the phone from then on, give yourself some time to think what you want to say. This way it puts you in control.


Jon S

-- JonS (jsapsford@talk21.com), April 19, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ