what is print film called?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : B&W Photo - Film & Processing : One Thread

What is the product name for film you use to make copy negatives and slides. I'll call it print film. Film you use in the darkroom. Anybody? Thanks... Dale G.

-- d.a.galgozy (rollemfilm@yahoo.com), April 13, 2001


Kodak's Print Film Transparency is what your looking for. We use alot of it both in 35mm and 8x10. To use it, make a perfect print, write down the numbers, then take some of the 8x10 material, take the same settings (color corrections) but open up 2 stops and run it in c-41. Nice stuff.

-- Scott Walton (f64sw@hotmail.com), April 13, 2001.

I correct myself... it is Kodak's Vericolor Print Film.

-- Scott Walton (f64sw@hotmail.com), April 13, 2001.

well, it seems that what I'm looking for is Professional Copy Film. Anyone ever use it? What's the best developer?

-- d.a.galgozy (rollemfilm@yahoo.com), April 17, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ