Otis SOB "Dial"

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Elevator Problem Discussion : One Thread

Okay folks...

I'm not an elevator repair person. So bear with me!

Is an elevator dial to indicate the floor level called a "dial" or does it have a more technical name? We're dealing with an Otis SOB from Detroit's demolished Hudson's building from the 1920's. Also, if I'm correct, it should be brass & back-lit. Right?

Help! I need to know pretty quickly and I thought this might be a rather easy question for you folks to answer!

Thanks ever-so much!

Maura emelkd@mediaone.net

-- Maura Cady (emelkd@mediaone.net), March 09, 2001


Otis SOB "Dial""

The very "technical" name for it would be floor position indicator or "PI" for short.Being of 1920s vintage it's almost certian to be brass but I doubt very much it would have been back-lit.

-- Freddie (fwldjl@rcn.com), March 10, 2001.

Just rebuilt one "1923" it was cast, painted gold, found a new 5" arrow and painted it gold, you can not tell from the hall thats it not brass no back lit but you could put one in . There is a 1/4 to 3/8 slot that a lit could go through

-- (information@valleyelevator.com), January 27, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ